Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Trip Down Birthday Memory Lane...

I can't believe it, but Alex turns 5 this coming week. We are all getting geared up for our Superhero party next Saturday! Superman, Batman, Spiderman, & the rest of the gang will all be there!

For me as a parent, birthdays are bitter-sweet. Of course Gary and I always look forward to Alex's birthday almost as much as Alex does. The look of sheer delight and excitement as he blows out his candles and celebrates with his family and friends brings such joy to me as a mom. It gives us a chance to look at our precious son and reflect on how much he has changed and grown over the past year. But, it is still hard to watch him grow up as it happens way too fast!

So, as I was reminiscing, I thought I would let all of you take a look back with me as we get ready to celebrate #5 :)



Alex's First Birthday (Puppy Dog Theme)



Alex's Second Birthday (Madagascar...He LOVED Giraffes)



Alex's Third Birthday (Scooby Doo at McDonalds--Alex's "happy place")



Alex's Fourth Birthday (Spiderman at the GSC...this was FUN!)

Note the band-aid under his chin. He busted his chin open two days before his party! The doctor gave him four stitches since he was turning four...fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment